FREE teacher’s pack
Every school that enters 25 or more students’ poems will get a £50 discount on our Poets in Schools Service.
Teaching resources and tips
Need some fresh ideas to galvanize your students’ writing?
- NEW! Write unusual list poem and find our new ways of looking at nouns in this lesson plan
- Ben Bransfield takes you through ‘How to bake a poet‘ in this lesson plan inspired by Sophia Carney’s winning poem.
- Our Teacher Trailblazers have got some top tips for teaching poetry.
- Look at the Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award 2015 winners anthology and commended anthology.
- Try writing Poetry as a call to arms. A lesson plan based on Phoebe Stucke’s 2013 winning poem Daughters.
- Write Poems inspired by works of art. A lesson plan based on Dominic Hand’s 2013 winning poem ‘An Interior Scene’.