Skip to content
Publishers, poets or translators wishing to submit to the prize should be aware:
- A prize of £1000 will be awarded to the translator of a volume of poetry translated from a living European language (i.e. one that is currently being spoken) into English and published between 1 July 2013 and 30 June 2015.
- Books must have been published by a UK or Irish publisher and/or the translator of the work should be a UK or Irish citizen or permanently resident in the UK or Ireland at the time of publication. In the case of multiple translators, this must be true of at least one translator.
- The book must have been translated by no more than three translators.
- The closing date for submissions is 31 July 2015.
- Three copies of each book should be sent to Popescu Prize, The Poetry Society, 22 Betterton Street, London, WC2H 9BX, UK. Each submission must be accompanied by an entry form.
- Submissions can be made by the publisher, translator or poet. Self-published work is ineligible.
- By submitting a volume, the copyright holder grants The Poetry Society the unrestricted non-exclusive right to perform/broadcast/publish 1-3 poems from the volume, precise number to be agreed with the publisher, when the winner is announced or up to twelve months afterwards, in order to publicise the shortlisted and/or winning book.
- The winner will be announced in the winter on The Poetry Society website.
- The judges’ decision will be final.