The poets who made the (sartorial) cut in our Winter 2017 competition on the theme of ‘Elegant’, judged by Tim Turnbull, are: Sharon Black, Jennie Carr, Duncan Chambers, Oliver Comins, Jenny Hill and Carla Scarano D’Antonio – our congratulations to all of them.
All poems published in Poetry News are also eligible for the Hamish Canham Prize and the Anne Born Prize each year. The latest winners are: Ramona Herdman for her poem ‘My name is Legion: for we are many’ (Hamish Canham); and Tess Jolly (Anne Born).
Poetry News Spring 2018 competition: ‘Hotel’
Rebecca Goss will judge the latest members’ poems competition on the theme of ‘Hotel’. Rebecca’s first collection, The Anatomy of Structures, was published by Flambard Press in 2010. Her second, Her Birth (Carcanet/Northern House), was shortlisted for the 2013 Forward Prize for Best Collection, The Warwick Prize for Writing 2015 and The Portico Prize for Literature 2015. It also won the Poetry Category in the 2013 East Anglian Book Awards. In 2014 Rebecca was selected for The Poetry Book Society’s Next Generation Poets. She lives in Suffolk.
How to enter
- Deadline: Friday 16 February 2018; entries must be unpublished as of this date.
- Send no more than two poems, each max. 40 lines, typed on A4, with your membership number, not name and address, at the foot of each.
- All entrants will be contacted.
- It’s easiest to enter online at: thepoetrysociety.submittable.com/submit
- Enter by post: ‘Hotel’, Poetry News, 22 Betterton St, London WC2H 9BX
- Winners appear in Poetry News and win books and entry into the Hamish Canham and Anne Born Prizes. Selected poems are also submitted for the Forward Prize.
- Only paid-up members of The Poetry Society can enter this competition.