Interim Finance Officer (4 months)
The Poetry Society is the UK’s leading poetry organisation. We are seeking an Interim Finance Officer (28 hours pw) to ensure sound financial day-to-day management of The Poetry Society and Poetry Place Ltd (The Poetry Café, a trading subsidiary of The Poetry Society). Working from our busy Covent Garden offices, they will be responsible for preparing management accounts, bookkeeping through Sage, raising invoices and payments, supporting project budget planning, grant reporting, payroll, VAT, credit control, maintaining petty cash and preparation for annual audit.
A key focus of this fixed term role will to undertake audit preparation, preparing draft year end accounts for 2017-18, and to manage implementation of our updated VAT registration.
Applicants will need to demonstrate experience of financial management, have relevant knowledge of the creative or charitable sector and of managing numerous project budgets. Understanding and previous work with trading subsidiary finances would be advantageous.
The post is offered for an initial 4-month term to fit around a maternity cover. Extension may be possible.
The Poetry Society is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation, registered charity number: 303334.
Job Title: Interim Finance Officer
Reports to: General Manager
Staff managed: None.
Location: London office
Hours: 4 days (28hrs) a week.
Post Objective: To ensure sound financial day to day management of the Poetry Society and Poetry Place Ltd, and to prepare the year end accounts for annual audit.
How to apply
Applications should include:
- A comprehensive CV giving details of relevant achievements. Please indicate the best way to contact you during the day. All communication will be made discreetly
- A covering letter that summarises your interest in this post. IMPORTANT: Please provide evidence of your ability to match the required skills, experience and knowledge criteria outlined above
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (download here)
- Details of your notice period, if applicable
Applications should be sent:
- by email to [email protected] OR
- by post to Katie Lee Richards, General Manager, The Poetry Society, 22 Betterton St, London WC2H 9BX
Deadline for applications: 5pm, 30th April 2018 (applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP as rolling interviews will be offered).
We look forward to receiving your application and welcome any initial queries – please call Katie Lee Richards on 020 7420 9880 ASAP if you would like to discuss the role further. We welcome applicants regardless of race or colour, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sex or marital status, sexual orientation, disability or age.