Follow our recommendations here to get the best out of submitting your work to The Poetry Review.
The Poetry Review welcomes submissions of unpublished poems and ‘literary’ translations of poems. These must be typed and sent as paper copies (not by email) to: The Poetry Review, Poetry Society, 22 Betterton St, London WC2H 9BX.
We have a policy of publishing work by new and upcoming poets as well as that of established poets. All submissions are read by the editor and considered on an equal basis. Unfortunately, due to the volume of submissions we receive, we cannot offer any individual criticism. Our aim is to accept or reject work within three months – but please read, and follow, the submission guidelines in order to facilitate our response.
Submission guidelines (for all writers)
• Send a maximum of six poems to be considered for an issue.
• Only send unpublished work.
• We do not consider simultaneous submissions, i.e. work that is being considered elsewhere.
• Poems should be typed – and on one side of the page.
• Please put your name and address at the foot of each page, as this helps us keep track.
• Include a cover note containing your address and email. You may add a brief publication history (but this won’t affect your chances).
If you are submitting from outside the UK:
• Please submit your work via Submittable. There are separate options for members and non-members of the Poetry Society:
If you are submitting from the UK:
• For the time being, poets submitting from the UK must send work by post to the address above, including a stamped SAE for a response. We are happy to return your work but include sufficient postage if you want us to do so.
The Poetry Review receives many thousands of poems of which we print only a fraction. So don’t be discouraged by a rejection from us. You will find an extensive list of other poetry magazines to try on the Poetry Library website.
Trustees and staff of The Poetry Society may not submit material for publication in The Poetry Review.
The Poetry Review
The Poetry Society
22 Betterton Street
London WC2H 9BX
Email: Sophie Kirk, [email protected]
Telephone: 020 7420 9880
Get one-to-one feedback on your work from our highly qualified poet tutors – either in person, or by post
Send your work