If you’re a keen young poet looking for some pointers to help develop your writing, we have a whole range of resources to help you out.
The judges of the Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award 2020, Maura Dooley and Keith Jarrett, and one of our Foyle Patrons, Matt Abbott sat down with our Education Officer, Natasha, to answer some of your questions about writing, reading, editing, and finding your voice. Check out the video below.
We also got lots of brilliant advice pieces to point you in the right direction:
- Five-time Foyle Young Poet of the Year Helen Mort explores creating a poem about the things unsaid.
- Now sure where to start editing? Twice Foyle Young Poet of the Year Holly Hopkins takes you through the whole process, using examples from her own notebook.
- Read the 2018 anthologies of winners for inspiration: the top 15 anthology and the commended anthology are both free to view online.
- Try some writing prompts from The Poetry School.
- For lots more resources, features and challenges, go to Young Poets Network.