The Poetry Society is proud to be working in partnership with schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey. By supporting Artsmark, we’re helping to put arts at the heart of education, inspiring young people to create, experience and participate in high quality arts and culture.
We can offer schools who are working towards, or currently hold an Artsmark Award, the following opportunities:
- Poets in Schools workshops for any Key Stage. Workshops are bespoke and available all year across the UK and Internationally.
- Enter your students into the Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award. The competition is FREE to enter and is eligible for young people aged between 11-17 years at the date of the competition deadline 31 July.
- CPD opportunities for teachers to support the teaching of poetry in the classroom, with accompanying teaching resources.
- Encourage your students to sign up to the Young Poets Network, the leading poetry platform for young writers up to the age of 25.
- Support and feedback on your Artsmark application.
Find out more about Artsmark at www.artsmark.org.uk
Click here for a downloadable poster showing how our education activities can map onto your Artsmark planning. To find out more about how The Poetry Society can support your Artsmark journey, contact the Education team on [email protected].