This year’s National Poetry Day takes place on 7 October 2021 and the theme is choice.
To celebrate the occasion on the day, The Poetry Society is presenting an array of materials, new poems and activities for you to pick and choose from, including:
- a new teaching resource for KS2-3 students ‘We Have a Choice’, about the choices we make that affect the environment – find out more here
- announcements of the Stanza Poetry Competition 2021 winning poems on the theme of ‘Choice’ – read the winners here
- announcements of the winners of the Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award 2021 – read the winners here
- new Poetry Mixtapes to accompany The Poetry Review from Clare Pollard and Naush Sabah
- the release of a new National Poetry Competition writing guide from Andrew McMillan – find it here,
- a National Poetry Day multiple choice quiz with 10 challenging questions from guest poets – enter here.
Visit the National Poetry Day website for poetry events and activities taking place across the country.