Location: South Wales (when Covid conditions allow)
Fee: £70 (£60 for Poetry Society Members) – from 1 April 2021
How to book
- Please book online via the What’s On page
- Email [email protected] with any queries
- Poetry Society Members – make sure you pick the lower price option
- Jonathan will be in touch with you by phone or email to confirm a date and time.
- At least two weeks before the session, please email 6 poems, or 150 lines maximum, to him in one Word or PDF document.
- Add an accompanying note saying 1. why you write poetry, 2. what you hope to do with your writing, 3. what you hope to gain from the session.
About Jonathan Edwards
Jonathan Edwards is the editor of Poetry Wales. His first collection, My Family and Other Superheroes (Seren, 2014), received the Costa Poetry Award and the Wales Book of the Year People’s Choice Award. It was shortlisted for the Fenton Aldeburgh First Collection Prize. His second collection, Gen (Seren, 2018), also a winner of the Wales Book of the Year People’s Choice Award, is shortlisted for the Gladstone’s Library Writer-in-Residence programme. His poem about Newport Bridge was shortlisted for the Forward Prize for Best Single Poem 2019. He has read his poems on BBC radio and television and at festivals around the world, recorded them for the Poetry Archive and led workshops in schools, universities and prisons. He lives in Crosskeys, South Wales.
Feedback from Jonathan’s previous sessions
It was a pleasure to meet Jonathan and the session was very worthwhile for me. His comments were always useful and illuminating, making me see where the poems succeeded in creating the image or ideas, and where improvements could be made. Jonathan is an approachable, knowledgeable tutor and gave me references to published work that I’m following up on to improve my style and technical approach. JCM
The session with Jonathan Edwards was incredibly useful and a very positive experience. I’m so glad I took the opportunity. AP
It was very helpful. Thanks again to you for arranging this event and to Jonathan for his time and expert advice. GT