Location: West Midlands (when Covid conditions allow)
Fee: £70 (£60 for Poetry Society Members) – from 1 April 2021
How to book
- Please book online via the What’s On page
- Email [email protected] with any queries
- Poetry Society Members – make sure you pick the lower price option
- Roz will be in touch with you by phone or email to confirm a date and time.
- At least two weeks before the session, please email 6 poems, or 150 lines maximum, to her in one Word or PDF document.
- Add an accompanying note saying 1. why you write poetry, 2. what you hope to do with your writing, 3. what you hope to gain from the session.
Roz Goddard is a former poet laureate of Birmingham and has published five collections of poetry, the most recent Spill was published by Flarestack Poets in February 2018. The Sopranos Sonnets and Other Poems (Nine Arches Press) featured on BBC Radio 3’s The Verb. She won The New Welsh Review‘s inaugural micro fiction competition in 2014 and the Interpreter’s House poetry competition in 2015. Her poetry has been shortlisted and commended for the Bridport Poetry Prize, Manchester Cathedral Poetry Competition and the Bristol Poetry Prize. Roz’s latest collection, Lost City, was published by The Emma Press in 2020. www.rozgoddard.com
Feedback from Roz’ previous sessions
“My Surgery with Roz was excellent. Thank you. It was informative, interesting, enjoyable, and extremely helpful.” – PS
“Roz had carefully assessed the 6 poems I sent in advance, made notes on them and talked through them She also suggested a few books about poetry writing, most of which I did not know, and gave me some pithy quotes. Not too much advice and information, but just enough. When I went home, I tossed out some poems and set others aside for reworking. I said to her as I left: ‘The best use I’ve made of a Saturday afternoon for a long time.’ – PS
“It was a real pleasure and privilege to meet Roz for a most worthwhile session I thought, well organised and focussed on my efforts and interests (very helpful for we older starters!), very tactful, with an excellent reading list. It was very good value for money, and I shall try to book with her again.” – JB