Location: York (when Covid conditions allow)
Fee: £70 (£60 for Poetry Society Members) – from 1 April 2021
How to book
- Please book online via the What’s On page
- Email [email protected] with any queries
- Poetry Society Members – make sure you pick the lower price option
- We will be in touch with you by phone or email to confirm a date and time.
- At least two weeks before the session, please email 6 poems, or 150 lines maximum, to her in one Word or PDF document.
- Add an accompanying note saying 1. why you write poetry, 2. what you hope to do with your writing, 3. what you hope to gain from the session.
About Carole Bromley
Her poems have been widely published in magazines including Poetry Review, Poetry News, The North, Magma, Mslexia, The Rialto, Strix, Coast to Coast to Coast and Butcher’s Dog and she has twice been a winner in the Poetry Business Book and Pamphlet Competition. She has two pamphlets, Unscheduled Halt (2004) and Skylight (2009) and three collections, A Guided Tour of the Ice House (2011), The Stonegate Devil (October, 2015) and Blast Off (for 7-10 year olds) with Smith/Doorstop Books, Sheffield.
Her next collection, The Peregrine Falcons of York Minster, will be published in 2020 by Valley Press and a new pamphlet of poems about her recent experience of brain surgery, Sodium 136, by Calder Valley Poetry.
Carole is also the Poetry Society’s stanza rep for York and a large group of poets from a wide area meet at her home every month to share their work. She is an Arvon tutor, runs poetry surgeries for The Poetry Society and is a mentor with The Poetry School. She is available for readings and workshops in schools and at festivals.